As a Purchaser, you realize technical-commercial purchasing activities (goods for maintenance, repair and operations, services maintenance projects, Investment/ Capex projects), taking into account economical, logistic, legal and ethical aspects and according to the internal guidelines.
• You develop and enhance the network with local management in order to develop the acceptance and early involvement of the Purchasing Department;
• You participate in the meetings with the technical managers and business line purchasers in charge of the CAPEX plan within their organization/business lines;
• You actively are leading the tendering process for Capex projects until the contract and follow-up;
• You actively promote frame agreements towards the local management and support implementation and monitoring of the local purchasing policy and guidelines;
• You are the local relay for the Category Buyer, the Business Line Coordinator and the Project Purchaser and support them in their daily activities (facilitate local contact and meetings,…);
• You manage the portfolio of (local) suppliers, in cooperation and interaction with the appropriate Group Lead Buyer/ Category Buyer / Business Line Coordinator;
• You actively participate in the promotion of cross-functional purchasing activities and in Group projects and activities (negotiating of frame contracts, etc..) when required;
• You ensure that risks are mitigated regarding the suppliers relationship and that the Purchase to Pay processes are efficient, effective, up to date, actually implemented (competitive offers, approvals,..) and in line with the Group Standards;
• You increase and monitor the coverage of spending by PO, contracts and frame agreements and encourage the development of e-procurement;
• Together with the plants, you optimize the stock levels;
• You ensure the reporting regarding the local area activities but also for group/local saving initiatives;
• You continuously improve the purchasing processes and share best practices with the Purchasing team.
• You are graduated in Business Administration, Engineering (mechanical), Supply Chain Management or Purchasing and have basic knowledge in legal matters;
• You already have at least 2 years of experience and have excellent knowledge of negotiation/selling techniques;
• You are fluent in Dutch and English. Knowledge of French is a plus;
• Demonstrated background and proven experience with processes and commodity strategies;
• Advanced analysis skills and ability to present data and metrics;
• Demonstrated strong proficiency at an advanced level in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint;
• Knowledge of SAP is a plus;
• Stress resistance, tenacity, accuracy and reliability are part of your strengths;
• You have very high level of ethics and very good interpersonal skills (establishing trust and relationship, listening, communicating, persuading,…);
• You are open minded, curious and definitely a problem solver and can work autonomously or part of a team.
What’s in It for you ?
• The chance to work in an international company with a corporate culture based on an informal and collegial atmosphere;
• The opportunity to grow and to develop yourself professionally and personally;
• An attractive salary completed by fringe benefits.
Are you interested in this position as a Purchaser? Please apply online. #1089800
Salary to discuss
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Birgit Keuleers, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Louvain-la-Neuve